Job Description for CNC Programmer
We are looking for an experienced CNC Programmer. Applicant will be required to take information from print / 3D format to functional program using Mastercam.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Translate the requirements of detailed part drawings into measurements for production
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine workpieces into the desired shapes
- Revise programs to eliminate errors and retest programs to check that problems have been solved
- Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, and design data to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates
- Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications
- Enter computer commands to store or retrieve parts patterns and programs
- Identify and source cutting tools and fixtures needed for jobs
- Modify existing programs to enhance efficiency
- Determine reference points, machine cutting paths, or hole locations, and compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures
- Perform proper set-up and calibration procedures for all equipment and accessories to be used on projects
- Ensure that every machine procedure is done in accordance with the strict guidelines of the company
- Follow all company safety protocol
- Inspect the work area and machines that were used during the day prior to leaving at the end of each shift
- Attend and actively participate in training classes and safety sessions
- Sort shop orders into groups to maximize materials utilization and minimize machine setup time
Operator Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma / GED required
- 6+ years experience using production machinery
- 4+ years milling / turning experience
- 4+ years CNC programming 3-axis mill and lathe. 5-axis experience a plus.
- 2+ years current Mastercam experience. Experience with Solidworks a plus
- Experience with DGM Mori and Nakamura machines a plus
- Extensive knowledge of machine maintenance and operation required
- Must possess strong basic math skills
- Proven history of working with gauges and calipers
About VDL Industries Gainesville
VDL Industries Gainesville LLC is company number 99 in the VDL Groep and the first manufacturing facility in the U.S. Operations are from a state-of-the-art, 150,000 square foot facility located in Flowery Branch, Georgia. The VDL Industries facility consists of the following work centers: laser cutting, metal forming, welding (MIG/TIG), electronic assembly/general assembly, sawing, drilling, shipping, storage opportunities, and Quality Control. VDL Industries utilizes a dedicated area for stainless steel welding and assembly operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com